The Mission of SWTA is to strengthen member’s ability to provide public transportation and mobility services across the region through education, communication, and advocacy.
While the South West Transit Association certainly embraces such standard values as integrity, excellence, honesty, accountability, diversity, and innovation, our planning process identified additional values that make SWTA unique.
SWTA also values:
- Our regional nature and strength
- Our culture of friendliness, approachability, and enthusiastic idea sharing
- Our ability to provide more personal and customized services to members
- Our no-frills, economical and efficient member services
- Our ability to have fun and not always take ourselves seriously
SWTA Strategic Plan
In September 2020, the SWTA Board of Directors approved a Strategic Business Plan to guide our work between 2021 and 2016. This plan reflects the input of our membership and business partners, the staff and the SWTA Board. View and download the 2021-2026 Strategic Business Plan here.
Many thanks to the 2019 Bylaws Committee members who worked tirelessly and courageously to provide the most comprehensive and updated bylaws possible for the proper running of the South West Transit Association. Access a copy of the SWTA Association Bylaws by clicking the link to the right. (View PDF)