SWTA Announces 2020 Spotlight Awards Winners
August 27, 2020 | Tags: swta, spotlight awards, marketing, communications, awards,
The South West Transit Association (SWTA) is pleased to announce the recipients of its annual Spotlight Awards, which recognize excellence in marketing and outreach efforts produced by transit providers across SWTA’s eight-state region.
The awards – reviewed and judged by marketing and communication professionals at transit agencies and private marketing firms – are among the oldest awards recognizing marketing campaigns and projects in the public transportation industry, first awarded in 1990. Winners are selected from submissions in categories of different-sized transit systems and for multi-platform marketing campaigns along with specific print, electronic, social and event media projects.
Representatives from the marketing and communications departments of the agencies listed below will come together to share details of their award-winning campaigns and projects on Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. (Central) as the concluding session of SWTA’s Virtual Summer University marketing track webinar-style sessions. Those interested in attending this session, including media, should contact SWTA Executive Director Rich Sampson at firstname.lastname@example.org
SWTA’s 2020 Spotlight Award winners are:
- Spotlight Campaign - Category 1 Systems: envida – Colorado Springs, CO – The goal of this campaign was to retain ridership during the pandemic bring riders back as restrictions eased. Increase credibility as a trustworthy transit agency and help riders feel safe.
- Spotlight Campaign - Category 2 Systems: Rio Metro – Albuquerque, N.M. – The goal of Rio Metro’s 2019 Rail Safety Week campaign was to educate current and prospective rail passengers about the importance of safety on and around the New Mexico Rail Runner Express train and the tracks.
- Spotlight Campaign - Category 3 Systems: Denton County Transportation Authority – Denton, TX – The main campaign goals were to generate awareness for DCTA for people to ride the A-train and purchase the agency’s State Fair of Ticket combo deal during the fair.
- Hit the Spot - Category 3 Systems (print): Tulsa Transit – Tulsa, OK – The goal of this campaign was to encourage passengers (current and new) to utilize the Aero Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system and travel the Peoria corridor in ‘new ways.’
- Hit the Spot - Category 3 Systems (electronic): Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority – Corpus Christi, TX – This campaign attempted to promote the Port Aransas EXPRESS seasonal route, which offers a direct shuttle from Corpus Christi to Port Aransas, with stops in Ingleside and Aransas Pass along the way, for just $0.75 per trip.
- Hit the Spot - Category 3 Systems (social media): Denton County Transportation Authority – Denton, TX – The main goal was to successfully announce the completion of DCTA’s A-train Rail Trail and bring awareness to this amenity that will be of great benefit to the many communities and riders it serves.
- Hit the Spot - Category 3 Systems (events): Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority – Corpus Christi, TX – CCRTA wanted to promote community pride within the Corpus Christi Independent School District’s six major high schools. CCRTA accomplished this by creating bus shelters that matched each school’s colors and featured the school logo or mascot.
- Spotlight Campaign - Category 4 Systems: Dallas Area Rapid Transit – Dallas, TX – DART created a multi-platform campaign to celebrate the Groundbreaking for the Silver Line regional rail project.
- Hit the Spot - Category 4 Systems: Dallas Area Rapid Transit – Dallas, TX – DART’s Hit the Spot entries focused on Social Media - Black History Month Series; Electronic Media - Coronavirus Video Series; Print Advertising - Rider Insider Staycation Issue; and Event Promotion - DART to the State Fair.
“SWTA’s Spotlight Awards are an annual opportunity for marketing and communications professionals in the transit industry to be recognized for their hard work and creativity,” says SWTA Executive Director Rich Sampson. “It’s an exciting opportunity to compare winning marketing campaigns, innovative ideas and proactive outreach programs for public transportation in our region. We’re thrilled to recognize these systems across the SWTA Nation as the recipients of our 2020 Spotlight Awards!”
StatesArizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas Back to All News »