APTA’s 2011 Bus and Paratransit Conference and International Roadeo in Memphis concluded May 25 — another successful conference! There were more than 500 attendees, 109 booths in the Bus Products and Services Showcase, and 16 buses on display. There were also Bus Roadeo and Bus Safety award winners, as well as the Customer Service Challenge winner!
The BIG News – SWTA Nation Members took 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd in EVERY CATEGORY!!
2011 Bus Roadeo
Overall combined score
1st place (Grand Champion): King County Metro, Seattle, WA
2nd place: VIA Metropolitan Transit, San Antonio, TX
3rd place: Los Angeles Metro, Los Angeles, CA
1st: VIA Metropolitan Transit
2nd: King County Metro
3rd: Fort Worth Transit Authority, Fort Worth, TX
Operator, 35-Foot Bus
Operator, 40-Foot Bus
Customer Service Challenge:
- 1st: Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority, Corpus Christi, TX
- 2nd: Jefferson Transit Authority, Port Townsend, WA
- 3rd: Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Austin, TX
- 1st: LYNX. Orlando, FL
- 2nd: New Orleans Regional Transit Authority/Veolia, New Orleans, LA
- 3rd: King County Metro
John M. Deschner of the Regional Transportation District, (Denver, CO) earned a second place finish
2011 Bus Safety Awards
- Forsythe Transportation (Arlington Transit) in Arlington, VA, was honored for best overall safety performance among private contractors providing transit management services to public transportation systems.