Transportation and the ADA, Easterseals Project Action Consulting
Oct 18 – Oct 19 | Houston, TX
Easterseals Project Action Consulting will still be holding a 1.5-day workshop on Transportation and the ADA in Houston, Texas on October 18-19, 2017. Houston Metro is the local host for this workshop, and they have expressed an interest in going forth with this event as the downtown area where this event will be held is open for business. ESPAC want to help support the recovery from Harvey by bringing business into the area.
This 1.5 day, in-person workshop will cover regulatory requirements for fixed-route, ADA complementary paratransit, and demand responsive transportation. Instructors will also distinguish between what is a regulatory requirement and what are best practices in customer service. Modules include:
- History Behind the ADA
- Trip Planning
- Path of Travel
- Reasonable Modification to Policy and Practice
- Service Animals
- Paratransit Eligibility
- Paratransit Operations
This course is appropriate for operators, operator supervisors, managers, safety and training personnel, schedulers and dispatchers, and any staff new to public transportation. Discussion will cover fixed-route bus and rail, demand responsive service (rural or human service transportation), and complementary ADA paratransit.
Your colleagues who have attended ESPAC training have this to say:
- “Your presentation was a success – we got excellent feedback from staff!!”
- “Info on ADA, great for our staff and drivers!”
- “Great instructors. Equivalent skills of graduate - school professors.”
- “Very comprehensive coverage, directly applicable to our work. Having the instructor provide an insider/user’s perspective is .””In-depth knowledge of course subject; firsthand experience and examples; and sincere desire to get the message across”
- “The instructors rocked. The information provided was very helpful, as well as the in class discussions. How to look at the environment in this manner opened my world.”
The fee for this workshop is only $195. Register early to insure your seat in this training!
Participants will receive a certificate and hours earned can be used toward the following certification programs:
- CTTI Travel Training Certification: http://www.projectaction.com/certification-programs/travel-trainer-certification/
- CAPM Paratransit Manager Certification: http://www.projectaction.com/certification-programs/430-2/
- ACTCP ADA Coordinator Certification: http://www.adacoordinator.org/training.html