Updates from FTA’s Tribal Transit Program Discretionary Funding Webinar
January 26, 2015 | Tags:
During the recent Federal Transit Administration Tribal Transit Program Discretionary Funding Webinar last week, the FTA highlighted some important information about the program’s future.
- There may not be a discretionary grant solicitation in 2015, so if your tribal transit system will need funding in the next two years, you must apply during this solicitation. The FTA is hoping to award the discretionary funds for FY14 and FY15 using just this one solicitation.
- Operating assistance is limited to new programs and to tribes who received less than $20,000 in TTP formula funding in the last funding round.
- If you are requesting capital equipment, you must demonstrate that you have sustainable funds for operations.
- Priority will be given to projects that meet FTA’s Ladders of Opportunity program guidelines, including access to jobs, education, healthcare and other services, as well as to projects demonstrating coordination and partnerships. The FTA is also looking for projects that are scalable.
- Be sure to submit your application early. Grants.gov will be down for scheduled maintenance February 14-17.
- FTA will be conducting Technical Assistance Assessments at the SWTA Conference (March 1-4) and in Denver and Sacramento in April. These are not related to grant applications or specific projects, but holistic assessments of tribal transit programs. Contact your regional tribal liaison for more information.
The webinar recording is not available yet. To view the Notice of Funding Availability, click here. Applications are due February 18th, 2015. For more information, please contact Elan Flippin at 202.366.3800 or by email at Elan.Flippin@dot.gov.
StatesArizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas Back to All News »