Baton Rouge CATS: Director of Human Resources
FROM: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Varies, Typically M-F with frequent night and weekend work
HR Business Partners, HR Generalist and other personnel assigned to the department
The Director supervises all activity related to human resource services which includes benefits, talent acquisition, employee relations, classification/compensation plans, training and creation of related company policy. S/he may serve as an advisor to CATS in relation to compliance, labor laws, benefits administration, and similar related matters.
CATS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, CATS will recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age or handicap. All employment decisions are based on job-related standards and must comply with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
- Directs all faucets of a comprehensive Human Resources program.
- Creates job descriptions and compensation plans for all positions.
- Continuously reviews organizational structure to identify needs for union and non-union positions, position consolidations, job duty allocation, reassignments and reorganizations along with appropriate department heads and CATS’ Executive Management.
- Creates, implements, and monitors performance evaluation system for union and administrative personnel
- Directs recruitment efforts for union and non-union positions
- Contributes to compensation and benefits surveys, as appropriate
- Assists in agency-wide policy development
- Provides leadership in respect to CATS recruitment, labor, compliance, investigations and duties, as assigned
- When directed, serves as a liaison with labor union concerning employee grievances, discipline, terminations, mediation, and negotiations and performs other duties as needed
- Serves as chief investigator for non-labor related employee grievances, discipline, terminations, mediation, and assumes other duties as needed
- Prepares letters, correspondence, forms and other documents for department related activities
- Performs other duties consistent with CATS’ policy needs, goals, etc., as directed by CATS’ CAO
Desired Education & Experience
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Business or related field and seven years of experience of progressive responsibility in Human Resources with at least five of the years of experience being at a HR Manager or HR Director level.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: The Director supervises all activity related to human resource services which includes benefits, talent acquisition, employee relations, classification/compensation plans, training and creation of related company policy. S/he may serve as an advisor to CATS in relation to compliance, labor laws, benefits administration, and similar related matters.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Must possess the ability to appropriately plan and organize, communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, the ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative in pursuing departmental responsibilities, perform moderately complex research work, effectively manage and administer CATS’ employee benefits programs, maintain composure and communicate effectively under stress, exemplify knowledge of general principles and practices of human resource management, exemplify knowledge of Louisiana and federal employment laws, rules and guidelines, exemplify knowledge of clerical, financial and recordkeeping practices, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and develop and maintain orderly filing and reliable recordkeeping systems.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.