FHATA: Mobility Manager
The Mobility Manager is responsible for the coordination of public transportation resources and to provide public education regarding existing public transportation resources for residents of the Flint Hills Coordinated Transit District (FHCTC). See appendix A for service map. The Mobility Manager will also work to build awareness among decision makers, service providers, and riders on key issues related to the coordination of public transportation and human services.
This is a multi-faceted position which includes: public transportation coordination; advocacy for addressing the critical needs in public transportation services to the general public and individuals with special needs; training clients on local transportation options; marketing, outreach and education efforts on public transportation resources.
The Mobility Manager reports directly to the Executive Director. The annual scope of work is approved by the Board of Directors.
- 1. Increases access to healthcare, employment, education, social services and activities that improve the quality of life of the people in the FHCTC service area through coordinated transportation systems. 2. Assists in developing, preparing and executing marketing efforts using a variety of media (internet, print, radio, television, direct mail, etc.) including creative development, media planning and placement, ad production and use of pre and post-evaluations to continually refine FHCTC marketing efforts.
- 3. Coordinates travel training instructional program activities, which includes developing curriculum and instruction process, work with case managers and others to determine client need, and providing actual travel training with followup as needed. 4. Act as a community liaison to coordinate regional public transportation resources by conducting community outreach and presentations to community agencies, schools, churches, senior centers, retirement homes, transportation fairs, and professional organizations. 5. Identifies barriers that impede access to public transit services 6. Determine specific gaps in transportation and identify the most appropriate resources to fill those gaps. 7. Provide quarterly reporting detailing public outreach activities, issues and needs identified for the reporting period, meetings attended, training and education provided to the communities of the region, and list coordination efforts within the regional public transit system. 8. Provide annual report to the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT)
Desired Education & Experience
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, planning, social services, business or related field and three years experience; or a combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously; detail oriented; computer skills. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle for work-related travel.
- Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite or equivalent software.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Implementing and coordinating marketing programs and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and the coordination of people and resources.
- Organizational skills, time management, and scheduling proficiency.
- Speaking in public.
Salary Range$50,000.00 to 55,000.00
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
|Anne Smith||Executive Director||5815 Marlatt Avenue, Manhattan, KS email@example.com|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.