Denver RTD: Senior Manager, Media Relations & Public Affairs
Posted June 19, 2018
- Serves as division-level organizational spokesperson, and at the designation of the AGM, as the official spokesperson for all news media and public communication for the District.
- Determines, assesses and implements short and long-term strategies and goals and develops and implements the annual overall Public Relations/Public Information/Community Engagement division plans and budgets.
- Provides direction to assigned divisions by developing objectives, strategies, and programs.
- Oversees the development of responses to the Board of Directors, Senior Leadership , general public, and governmental agency requests for information regarding transit related matters.
- Conceptualizes public relations and education campaigns and themes for special events, in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Develops and implements communications and media relations training for the organization's Board of Directors and Senior Leadership and advises them on communications matters and emerging issues.
- Recruits staff to include interviewing, hiring, assigning work, training, coaching, and counseling to ensure consistent application of Employee Guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducts performance review, and holds employees accountable for performance of their responsibilities.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Public Administration, Political Science, or closely related field. Master's degree in public administration, communications, business administration, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of direct public relations experience with highly developed written and oral communication skills, demonstrated public speaking skills, spokesperson responsibility and experience talking directly with media.
- A minimum of five years of increasingly responsible middle or senior-level management experience in public relations or a closely related field; preferably with a major public agency, municipality or PR agency with direct fiscal and human resources-related responsibility.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in principles and practices of program administration and future planning.
- Proficiency in decision-making within a complex and politically sensitive environment.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with members of the media, public officials, Board of Directors, subordinates, peers, and the general public.
- Availability 24 hours a day if needed to respond to calls from media and the Board of Directors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
- OR An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
Salary Range$82,143.00 to $152,550.00 Annually
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
|1660 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202||303-628-9000|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.