Denver RTD: Deputy AGM of Communications
As a public agency, we are dedicated to serve the public and to meet the public needs for a transit agency. We connect people with their community - safely, on time and in clean and accessible vehicles.
- In conjunction with the Communications Director this position directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of external and internal communications and events, public relations and marketing strategies, branding, graphics, copywriting, digital communications, web, mobile, and social media activities. Formulates and implements short and long-term strategies and goals and develops and implements the annual overall Public Relations and Marketing division plans and budgets. Recruits staff to include interviewing, hiring, assigning work, training, coaching, and counseling to ensure consistent application of Employee Guidelines, processes, and procedures. Conducts performance review, and holds employees accountable for performance of their responsibilities.
- Provides leadership to the market research function on surveys of customer satisfaction, service desires, program effectiveness as well as internal organizational research needs. Provides oversight to the Project Outreach and Community Outreach efforts to ensure information is effectively provided and public, stakeholder and customer feedback and input is received, reviewed and appropriately acted upon.
- Develops contracting process for Transportation Management Associations, naming rights contracts, trade program, and the sale of advertising on vehicles and facilities.
- Serves as division-level organizational spokesperson, and at the designation of the AGM, as an official spokesperson for news media and public communication for the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of integrated traditional and digital marketing and public relations strategies and events to meet short-term and long-term goals and ensures effective control of public relations and marketing results to guarantee that marketing/public relations objectives fall within designated budgets.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Communications, Public Administration or closely related field. Master's degree in public administration, communications, business administration, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of direct public relations and/or marketing experience with highly developed written and oral communication skills, excellent public speaking skills, spokesperson responsibility and experience talking directly with media, agency/corporate marketing and/or sales management to include developing strategic marketing plans, direct marketing, marketing campaign development, digital marketing strategies and fiscal and human resource management.
- A minimum of seven years of middle or senior-level management experience in public relations, marketing or a closely related field; preferably with a major public agency, municipality or PR agency with direct fiscal and human resources-related responsibility.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in providing a strategic link between public relations efforts, marketing communication, advertising activities and business outcomes, and decision-making within a complex and politically sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and interpret market research data and the ability to interpret and understand budget reports and technical contracts.
- Proficiency in the latest public relations and marketing industry trends, tools, and technologies.
- Proficient in both Mac and PC-based computer environment, including familiarity with graphic software packages, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
- Proficiency in principles and practices of program administration and future planning.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with members of the media, public officials, Board of Directors, subordinates, peers, and the general public.
- Availability 24 hours a day if needed to respond to calls from media and the Board of Directors.
Salary Range$108,634.00 to $201,748.00 Annually
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
|1660 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado, 80202||303-628-9000|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.