City of Greely, CO:Transit Manager
The position of the Transit Manager at the City of Greeley will be have the opportunity to not only manage day to day operations out of a recently built regional transportation center, but also work with an outstanding group of drivers, dispatchers and supervisors. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of transit services for Greeley Evans Transit, which provides transit service to the cities of Greeley, Evans and Garden City. Greeley Evans Transit, or GET, is projected to provide over 800k of a million trips on its fixed, paratransit and demand response services in 2018. In addition, the manager will be responsible for ensuring the division’s mission, values, objectives, policies and strategic goals are met. The position entails a high level of responsibility for overseeing an annual budget of $4.3 million, operational and strategic planning, budgeting, grants management, and marketing. Selected individual will need to enthusiastically motivate and monitor performance of the Transit Services Division, which includes 4 supervisors and 50+ benefited and seasonal employees. Direct oversight of the organization development including supervisory training, identifying expected outcomes, and approving work management plans.
Includes on-site work in office areas, maintenance areas, and transit routes. This is primarily a sedentary office position, however the Transit Manager may be required to respond to the field upon occasion. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Perform work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions at various heights and in confined spaces.
This is a safety sensitive position and does require random drug testing as prescribed by the Federal Transit Authority. Must be able to respond on-site to incidents and emergencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear; occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Provide strategic planning, budgeting, grants management, financial planning and marketing for Transit Services;
- Ability to do capital budgeting and cost/ benefit analysis;
- Effectively negotiate contracts, pricing agreements, and scope of services;
- Oversee organization development including supervisory training identifying expected outcomes and approving work management plans;
- Effectively supervise, directly and indirectly, a staff of 40+ employees including hiring, performance management, discipline and due process, and termination.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, public administration, or transportation planning desired;
- 3+ years in progressively responsible administrative or management positions related to transportation services;
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of transit services in an urban setting;
- Knowledge of business principles, budgeting, grants management, and project planning;
- Knowledge of transportation planning including medium range operational and strategic plans;
- Knowledge of City and FTA Policies and regulations as they relate to preparing specifications, scope of services, contracts, and documentation related to transit.
Salary Range$72,093 to to 87,000
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.