Valley Metro: Station Ambassador
The Station Ambassador provides courteous, friendly, and professional customer assistance to Valley Metro Rail customers on station platforms. Station Ambassadors serve as the “eyes and ears” on the system, working with operations and security personnel to monitor, report and make decisions on service, security and maintenance activities to support a positive customer experience along the light rail line.
Position reports to: Operations & Maintenance Division with an indirect, yet supportive relationship with the Safety, Security & Quality Assurance and Communications & Strategic Initiative Divisions.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a background check.
- Takes ownership of rail station platforms providing a highly visible and engaging presence to riders of the system; and reports service, security and maintenance observations and concerns to security and operations personnel in the field and to the Operations Control Center (OCC).
- Works in zones and roves between a series of assigned station platforms to assist customers, support passenger safety, ensure station cleanliness and contribute to an overall positive impression of the Valley Metro Rail system.
- Actively engages with customers to be seen as a resource, customer advocate and authority, including greeting and educating customers about transportation services, fare policy and obtaining fares through ticket vending machines; distributes transit information and may conduct surveys and assist with agency projects.
- Conducts system auditing and reports to Operations Control Center or appropriate resource, including identifying station cleaning needs, when fare vending machines are down, graffiti, out-of-date or misplaced advertising, and violators of the Code of Conduct.
Desired Education & Experience
- Equivalent to a High School diploma; AND three (3) years of customer service experience, including one (1) year of face to face customer service experience that involves confrontational situations.
- Transportation experience is highly desirable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties may be considered.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Must be willing and able to work various shifts that include nights, weekends, holidays and/or split shifts. This position works outdoors and will be exposed to external weather conditions.
- Employees must wear an employer-provided uniform while on duty. Requires reliable attendance.
- Remains alert and proactive in responding to situations within a designated zone to facilitate resolution of complaints and platform issues; supports incident communications to customers, in-field staff and management; serves as front-line "eyes and ears" for the Operations Control Center.
Salary Range$18.50 to to $21.50 per hour
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.