Mesa County, CO—Mobility Manager
This full-time grant funded position responsible for providing customized public transportation travel training to groups and organizations targeting seniors, minority and low-income populations in the urban area of Mesa County and provide information about the services offered by Grand Valley Transit. The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Mesa County Regional Transportation Planning Director and will coordinate and provide oversight for Grand Valley Regional Transportation Committee (GVRTC) Local Coordinating Council (LCC) made up of local municipalities, transit service providers, and community based organizations. This position is funded through the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and is contingent upon continued future grant funding. The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) administers the grant and eligible activities for this position. This position shall be limited to and shall meet all program requirements identified in the CDOT Agreement with Mesa County.
- This position serves as the Mobility Manager for Mesa County Regional Transportation Planning Office and Grand Valley Transit (GVT). This position will oversee transit program development within the County in partnership with surrounding jurisdictions. This includes short- and long-range planning, coordination, and support for the LCC. This position is responsible for the application and administration of transit related grants, managing activities and projects for improving coordination among public transportation and human services transportation providers.
- Develop and promote partnerships with local agencies and transit service providers so as to coordinate, enhance, and expand travel options.
- Strengthen the network of human services transportation providers in Mesa County while maintaining and supporting the identity of each provider in order to increase mobility in the region.
- Advocate for Mesa County transit options for residents at both the regional and statewide level to allow for the creation of new partnerships.
- Provide grant administration of FTA, CDOT and other related grant funds. This includes but is not limited to: the management of all program sub grantees, review of grant performance to ensure goals and milestones are met and financial oversight.
- Provide accounting functions necessary for grant fiscal accountability as defined by applicable federal, or other, regulations, and oversees preparation of financial reports as needed.
- Provide strategies for meeting local needs and recommendations for transportation services funding and implementation.
- Coordinates with other County departments, various task forces, committees, or other functions related to transit services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Community Development, Public Administration, Planning, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field and three (3) years of related experience or training.
- Candidates with experience in grant administration, grant writing, transit systems, accessible services, human services transportation coordination, or related experience are preferred.
- An equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and ability to effectively perform the functions of this position may be considered.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its specific applications to public transportation.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability and proficiency in presenting results in concise reports and presentations to GVRTC and various community representatives, government agencies, and other groups.
- Work independently and with others in an effective manner.
- Analyze data, define problems, identify potential solutions, develop implementation strategies, and evaluate outcomes.
- Work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
- Public speaking
Salary Range$3,728.82 to to $4,288.14
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
|Human Resources||544 Rood Ave. Grand Junction, CO email@example.com|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.