Mesa County: Transit Coordinator
Partially grant funded position which provides a variety of technical expertise and professional assistance in transit administration and planning matters. Prepares and presents technical transit information to staff to assist in policy and plan development for the urban transit system. Contract Administrator for the Grand Valley Transit system and any related contracts.
- Responsible for applying for and processing all Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) grants that partially fund the operations and capital purchases of the local public transit service. This requires an understanding of the federal grant process, capability to work with the County Finance Department in budgeting and accounting for grants and the ability to work with our FTA & CDOT partners.
- Assists the Regional Transportation Planning (RTP) Director in the development of plans, policies and procedures for implementing and maintaining a viable public transit service for the Grand Junction/Mesa County urbanized area and Mesa County Transportation Planning Region (TPR), including coordination of all transit activities and functions.
- Understanding and application of the departments Geographic Information System (GIS) and its transportation layers, including roads, highways, rail, bicycle, pedestrian, aviation and other transportation-related facilities. Keep the route and bus stop shape files current at all times. Ensuring Google transit map files are up to date.
- Assist in the procurement and contract administration of supplies, contracts, etc necessary for the operations of the transit system. Must follow established FTA procurement policy and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the Transportation Improvement Program and the Regional Transportation Plan.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of transit ridership, vehicles, pass programs, capital inventories, etc through various software programs and excel spreadsheets.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years related experience.
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- This position requires standing, stooping, sitting, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
Salary Range$4,027.12 to $4,027.12
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.