Mesa County: RTP Manager
Administers all management and planning activities of the Regional Transportation Planning Office and the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), including regional transportation planning, administration of the federal contract for Grand Valley Transit, contract management, scheduling of City\County projects, budget preparation, delegation of tasks, coordination of work, review of work, and developing applications of the geographic information system (GIS) for transportation analysis, modeling, display and reporting on transportation-related issues. Work involves developing and maintaining a workable “vision” and methodology for regional cooperation on transportation capital improvements planning & programming within Mesa County and the MPO urbanizing area, including transportation facilities inventory and monitoring, as well as coordinating the transportation needs and\or requirements of the City of Grand Junction, City of Fruita, Town of Palisade, Town of Collbran, Town of DeBeque, Mesa County, Colorado Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration in this planning region.
- (The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. Mesa County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time. All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
- Serves as Manager of the Regional Transportation Planning Office (RTPO).
- Serves as the Administrator for the Grand Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).
- Serves as the Administrator for the Grand Junction/Mesa County Transportation Planning Region (TPR).
- Serves as the Mesa County Transit Administrator for the Grand Valley Transit system and its federal contract with Mesa County.
- Serves as the Grand Junction/Mesa County Transportation Planning Region's representative to the Colorado Statewide Transportation Advisory Committee (STAC).
- Serves as the region's liaison with the Colorado Department of Transportation on various projects involving the examination, selection, funding and implementation of multi-modal transportation solutions.
- Performs program and project administration duties, including; work scheduling, contract management, cost estimates, budget preparation, delegation of tasks, coordination of work, review of work and approval of application designs and tasks.
Desired Education & Experience
- Master's degree in public administration, business administration, transportation, or related field and two (2) years experience in the transit industry in a supervisory/managerial capacity; or
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years experience.
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- This position requires standing, stooping, sitting, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Work is generally confined to a standard office environment.
Salary Range$6,757.95 to $8,925.60
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.