OTA: Project Manager
The Oklahoma Transit Association (OTA), a nonprofit organization, is the state’s voice for public transit. OTA’s membership is comprised of the 34 urban, small urban, suburban, rural and tribal transit agencies in the state who share the common priority of providing and improving mobility and access for all Oklahomans. OTA’s mission is to support public transit through advocacy, education, communication and partnerships. The organization’s vision is to be distinguished as a leader in the public transit industry by facilitating the enhancement of mobility and access for all Oklahomans.
Position: Project Manager, reports to OTA Executive Director
Job Description: The OTA Project Manager is a 26-month contract position tasked with implementing a Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) grant to educate the public, raise public awareness and offer training on the issue of human trafficking and driver safety in Oklahoma. The OTA Project Manager will drive a 40-foot transit diesel bus to locations throughout Oklahoma (all 77 counties), host training sessions, bus tours and meet public officials. Also be able to handle local media to promote awareness. OTA Project Manager will be responsible for scheduling location stops, media appearances and trainings. OTA Project Manager will be responsible for scheduling presentations to variety of audiences including civic organizations, religious groups, school-age children transit officials.
To apply, applicants must submit a resume with references to email@example.com.
Any relevant support materials that demonstrate experience that meet job requirements are recommended.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Must have CDL (or capacity to receive a CDL) to drive a 40' city transit diesel bus.
- Commit to traveling 3 weeks per month for a 26-month period, beginning on or about June 1, 2020
- Must have demonstrated history of planning and implementing successful projects.
- Must have history of proven presentation skills to lead group discussions and educate public at large.
- Have experience with working with media, be able to schedule and participate in local media interviews
- Must have demonstrated ability to manager project social media including making pre- and post-event posts that include photographs and videos, using project hashtags and tracking engagement.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.