CAP METRO: Program Manager, Safety Management Systems
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you looking for an opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders and use your leadership skills? Capital Metro is looking for a knowledgeable individual with strong communication skills from the Transit Safety field.
The Program Manager, Safety Management Systems (SMS) reports directly to the EVP, Chief Safety Officer. This position is responsible for the management of Capital Metro’s SMS throughout the organization. This position partners and collaborates with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure compliance and adherence to the regulatory requirements as annotated in 49 CFR Part 673 through Capital Metro’s various programs and policies. The position will collaborate with various levels of leadership across the company in maintaining SMS subprograms, while providing subject matter expertise and technical guidance for various safety and compliance initiatives throughout the company.
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•When not working remotely, utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children from 6 months to 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
•…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement efforts of CapMetro’s Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan’s (PTASP) Safety Management System as required by 49 CFR Part 673.
- Responsible for leading the Safety Management Systems committee
- Responsible for coordinating the development of related training requirements
- Serve as business lead for related technology solutions, applications, and associated projects
- Partner with executive and senior leadership to ensure alignment of PTASP across the company
- Partner with service providers to ensure alignment of SMS, including meeting with each entity regularly to review, identify, and coordinate all elements that may conflict with Capital Metro’s SMS, while identifying and gaining necessary approvals to ensure the integrity of our SMS policy
- Lead the critical internal assessment of Capital Metro's SMS and 49 CFR Part 270 requirements to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements. The internal assessments should comply with FRA and TC's regulatory review and submission requirements
- Analyze and utilize safety data such as audits, critical self-assessments, accident/injury trend analyses, and input from other group or departmental reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of Capital Metro’s SMS and advocate for changes and improvements as necessary.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Safety, Transportation, or related field. Related experience may substitute for educational requirements on a year for year basis for up to four (4) years
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience in safety related program management, including, but not limited to, Safety Management Systems (SMS) in a transportation operation environment
- USDOT Transit Safety and Security Program certificate required
- World Safety Organization Certified Safety Specialist certification desired
- Must maintain a valid Texas driver’s license or have ability to obtain upon hire
- Thorough knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards, especially as pertains to the transit industry
- Thorough knowledge of the Safety Management System approach to improving safety culture and related current and proposed federal regulations
- Excellent written, oral, facilitation, coordination and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Strong recent knowledge of DOT operational safety regulations, policies and programs
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, communicate, and act on quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated positive experience managing large, complex projects in large corporate environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated abilities to interface and coordinate with stakeholders, including division and department management, supervision and labor as well as regulators, vendors and contractors
Salary Range79,619.00 to 99,524.00
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.