CAP METRO: Coordinator, Non-Revenue Vehicle Fleet
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you experienced in automotive or heavier vehicle maintenance and repair? Are you interested in coordinating activities and leading strategies to improve fleet operations?
The Coordinator, Non-Revenue Vehicle Fleet reports directly to the Director, Vehicle Maintenance. This position primarily coordinates activity related the Non-Revenue Vehicle (NRV) fleet, including vehicle acquisition and disposal, configuration changes, scheduling and oversight of maintenance, and quality assurance of work performed by vendors.
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•When not working remotely, utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
•…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
- Determine and communicate the maintenance schedule for the Non-Revenue Vehicle (NRV) fleet to maintain the NRV fleet for maximum equipment life and minimal downtime.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and monitor maintenance of NRVs and communicate any delays to appropriate department.
- Perform inspection of the condition of NRVs to ensure safety and reliability of the vehicle.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices for work performed on NRVs in a timely manner.
- Coordinate titles, registrations, insurance, and other related record keeping for fleet vehicles
- Maintain a Fleet Plan for NRVs
- Write technical specification for vehicles including collection of stakeholder feedback
- Notify manager of any & all observed safety hazards & or adverse conditions of existing fleet
- Lead key initiatives and strategies to reduce costs and improve fleet operations
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns
- Other duties as required and/or assigned
Desired Education & Experience
- Associate degree in vehicle maintenance or related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to two years. Coursework in vehicle maintenance theory and repair including body, frame and chassis, axles, steering, brakes, electrical, engines, transmissions, air systems, or other pertinent course work.
- Five (5) years’ experience in automotive or heavier vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Applicant must have a valid driver's license for the past three years-Class B/CDL preferred
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Ability to operate vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. (CDL not required.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical information related to automotive operation and maintenance
- Ability to understand troubleshooting and solving mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills and ability to maintain relations with vendors
- Exemplary safety record
Salary Range64,337.00 to 80,421.00
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.