CAP METRO: Senior Data Analyst – Performance Management and Imagination
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a techy data analyst with a passion for performance management? If so, we have a position that might be for you!
The Senior Data Analyst -PMI reports directly to the Director of Performance and Strategic Initiatives and will also work directly with other data analyst across the agency. This position is responsible for technical data management and maintenance functions in support of the collection and compilation of data used to support agency strategic performance. Perform analytical work, development tasks, and projects. Develop macros, modules and/or queries as directed in support of the data analysis functions. This role also develops and maintains critical spreadsheets and data sets. Expert level team member who works under little supervision.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•When not working remotely, utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
•…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
- Conduct complex data queries and analyses on a variety of data using programming tools and the application of automated office software.
- Lead the effort alongside analysts throughout the agency to collect, disseminate, formulate data trends, and make strategic agency recommendations based on findings.
- Perform statistical and trend analyses. Isolate, determine, and report operational and performance problems and concerns based upon these analyses; recommend changes as appropriate.
- Develop macros and modules as directed for analyzing and presenting data.'Create and generate database and management reports using tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports, and SPSS.'
- Assist in providing critical information to support regular evaluation of Capital Metro services, including data collection, data retrieval, data analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Assist in developing new advanced data collection technologies and familiar with Data Warehouse environment and technology.'
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Performance Management and Imagination Department.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for data as needed for internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with other departments, vendors, and outside agencies to perform adhoc / routine data analysis and reporting.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, or a similar field. Related experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis.
- Five (5) years of experience analyzing data using programming tools and a variety of automated office software including Visual Basic, Oracle, MS Access, Excel, and SQL.
- Experience working in data warehouse environment preferred.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Experience with Crystal Reports and the SPSS Programming Language.
- Experience using advance Excel features and techniques.
- Experience writing complex SQL.
- Experience with statistical software package or database software (such as SPSS or R), including experience developing relational databases.
- Familiar with visualization tools including, MS PowerBI, Tableau, COGNOS or other similar software.
- Strong skills in Oracle, MS Access, SQL, Visual Basic, or other similar language.
- Ability to utilize database software at an advanced level, including creation of macros and modules.
- Knowledge of statistical measures and procedures including modeling and trend analyses.
- Skill in analyzing complex data and identifying discrepancies.
- Skill in calculating and researching data.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in interviewing a variety of individuals for information gathering purposes.';
- Ability to identify problems, propose solutions, and to coordinate diverse job requirements/projects on very tight schedules.
- Ability to interact efficiently and effectively with other team members or departments.
- Knowledge of and dedication to customer service and working team concepts.
Salary Range66,337.00 to 82,921.00
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.