CAP METRO: Data Governance Manager
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Do you have an impeccable talent with Data Governance? Can you collaborate well with others to provide consistent data quality?
The Data Governance Manager reports directly to the Director of Performance and Strategic Initiatives and will also work directly with other data analyst across the agency. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices, both at the department and enterprise-wide, to achieve the required level of data consistency, quality, and protection to meet overall agency needs.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•When not working remotely, utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
•…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
- Note: the duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Implement an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between departments and Information Technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and well defined.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Lead cross functional team, to resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance.
- Collaborate with IT to provide progress reports to management and oversee periodic updates to the Performance Management and Imagination (PMI) department.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns. Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: Manage department personnel by planning, scheduling, delegating and overseeing employee work assignments, authorizing, coordinating, and scheduling work with vendors and consultants, conducting personnel actions, including, hiring and interviewing, and overseeing hiring, training, work assignments and performance evaluations.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
- Seven (7) years of progressively more complex experience in implementing management goals, standards, practices, process, and technologies; including experience organizing and streamlining a process.
- Three (3) year experience supervising staff and/or managing projects.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of meta-data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships that result in adoption of organizational change.
- Ability to analyze and orchestrate teams to organize data available to their line of business.
- Experience in operating large data governance programs.
- Knowledge of Cloud based big data frameworks such as data lake, Data Warehouse and SQL databases
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and management
- Skill in calculating and researching data governance principles.
- Strong communication ability to interact with IT, speaking the right language and able to communicate at the appropriate level of detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in interviewing a variety of individuals for information gathering purposes.
- Ability to identify problems, propose solutions, and to coordinate diverse job requirements/projects on very tight schedules.
- Ability to interact efficiently and effectively with other team members or departments.
- Knowledge of and dedication to customer service and working team concepts.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.