AUSTIN TRANSIT PARTNERSHIP: Senior Scheduler
The Senior Scheduler reports to the Manager of Estimating, Scheduling, Risk and Value Engineering. Under general direction, this position provides technical expertise required to prepare, evaluate, and analyze program risks. Demonstrated hands-on experience developing and actively promoting a formal Program / Project schedule in a large capital construction or rail transit and/or a Federal Transit Administration (FTA) sponsored transportation environment.
The Austin Transit Partnership (ATP) is an independent organization entrusted with the design, construction, and implementation of Austin’s Project Connect program, which includes a new rail system, a downtown tunnel, and expanded bus system. ATP works in close partnership with Capital Metro, the region’s public transportation provider, which provides ATP with a range of critical administrative and capital projects support functions.
Equipment and Applications:
Must be proficient in using business and communications software, preferably Microsoft Office 365 which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams; Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, Linear Project Planning software, SharePoint, E-Builder and other modules as needed.
Minimal travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment but requires occasional visits to construction job sites. Job may entail considerable levels of stress as this job works with multiple project timelines and is responsible for managing employees performing work of a complex nature.
Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, physical harm, hazardous chemicals, and extreme noise when conducting site visits and working in the field.
ATP promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions as previously described.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Austin Transit Partnership is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. ATP makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
- Note: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities may be documented in the incumbent’s performance goals and objectives as outlined by supervisor or manager.
- Oversee, direct, manage, and coordinate the implementation of robust FTA best practices for a comprehensive schedule management plan that clearly defines roles and responsibilities for all capital projects.
- Participate in the identification and development of program / project, schedule activities, logic analysis, activity code structures, cost / resource loading, calendars, Standard Cost Code (SCC) distribution,
- Implement a schedule breakdown structure (SBS) to assure all critical project scope components are included and is also compatible with the programs work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Participate in change management analysis and formulate responses to schedule claims.
- Develop critical path method (CPM) schedule specifications, general requirements and special Provisions in coordination with the Project Controls Plan, which address the schedule management standards and requirements necessary to develop “contract” schedules required of major suppliers and vendors (rolling stock and fare collection), engineering consultants, and construction contractors
- Develop and implement a program Schedule Management Plan.
- Provide independent assessments to management; provide well-written reports of monthly schedule update results for review by management; and ensure publication and distribute schedule reports to management and stakeholders.
- Regularly monitor contract and project schedules against potential claims and identified risks, incorporating information related to risks identified and quantified through risk assessment processes.
- Participate, manage, update project risk analysis and risk mitigation, and schedule contingency analysis.
- Prepare quarterly status reports, FTA, program, and project reports, and various other ad hoc reports.
- Oversee and manage the preparation, update, and maintenance of all the project schedules to reflect current schedule conditions and provide monthly and quarterly reports to management, FTA, program, and project and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the FTA monthly and quarterly meetings and present progress reporting relating to schedule assessments.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards in work products of the department.
- Support ATP’s safety culture by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned. '
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Public Administration, Business, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience creating, administering, and reporting schedule performance in construction, capital program or transportation industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- OR An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics consistent with the required qualifications.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of PMI schedule strategies and techniques.
- Understanding of construction, contracts, and terminology.
- Familiarity with NEPA process, public involvement, and FTA requirements to support entering the Engineering phase and Full Funding Grant Agreements (FFGA).'
- Familiarity with engineering, real estate acquisition and relocation, program, construction and management consultant teams.
- Knowledge of how largescale ($1B+) project schedules and the interaction of planning, engineering, procurement, bid and award, construction, system integration and startup and testing, and contract closeout tasks are logically tied together to identify interface points among tasks and phases, with justification for estimated durations and logic sequencing.
- Knowledge of dispute resolution, peer review or change control board, time impact analysis or claims mitigation processes.
- Knowledge of project development and engineering phases to create summary level schedules for long lead procurement items, bid and award, construction and systems integration, startup and testing, and contract closeout tasks.
- Working knowledge of schedule risk assessment modeling including Monte Carlo software based system.
- Knowledge of techniques to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Supervising and evaluating work carried out by staff and consultants.
- Understanding of coordinating formalized cost and schedule risk identification, tracking, and mitigation processes related to the activities of strategic risk assessment.
- Preparing and analyzing complex data and comprehensive reports.
- Thorough knowledge of FTA sponsored programs for transit and transportation practices, particularly required processes and procedures for major transit investment projects, and knowledge of both bus and rail technologies and programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and other requirements and processes with specific focus on FTA New Starts / Small Starts / Core Capacity process and requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with ATP staff, executive management, peers, community groups, outside agency partners, other governmental officials, the public and media representatives.
- Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to evaluate different alternatives and select or recommend the one that best meets the business and professional need of the situation without regard for personal biases.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.