Provides direction to and maintains two-way communications with all operators while monitoring system performance and making scheduling adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle/operator availability and/or emergency situations. Provides day-to-day operational direction for all mobility services provided. Upholds the NTMC mission and leads by example.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Ability to lift 25 pounds
Repeated use of sight to read documents and computer screens.
Repeated use of hearing and speech to communicate on telephone and in person
Repetitive hand movements, such as keyboarding, writing, 10-key.
Work regularly requires using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions, frequently requires sitting and occasionally requires kneeling, stooping, crouching, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, lifting, pushing and pulling.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Works generally indoors in a climate-controlled office setting; occasionally works outdoors and in inclement weather conditions such as rain, hail, ice, sleet, and in cold or hot temperatures
Works near other people, but usually have a few feet of space separating them from coworkers.
Medical: 100% Employer Paid for Employees / 50% Employer Paid for Dependents
Dental / Vision: 100% Employer Paid for Employees / 50% Employer Paid for Dependents
STD, LTD, Basic Life & AD&D
401K / Employer Match
Additional voluntary benefits offered during enrollment
- Performs customer service by answering incoming calls and assisting individual customers, customer representatives, medical and personal providers, and others in a professional manner; answers questions and provides accurate and timely information regarding on-demand services, fixed route transportation, route changes, fares, etc.
- Monitors and completes sign-in and sign-out sheets daily for all Operators. Notes absences and/ or tardiness issues and communicates these issues to the Dispatch Supervisor as appropriate.
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple demand-response software platforms while providing excellent customer service.
- Creates daily schedules and schedule adjustments for demand-response vehicles while adhering to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and securing personal passenger information.
- Maintains contact with vehicles on assignment to determine the status and location of all vehicles and passengers. Reports operational issues and incidents to supervisors; makes recommendations and proposes solutions.
- Monitors Operators, trip status, and system performance, providing direction and making adjustments/reassignments as necessary to ensure on-time performance. Reschedules trips in the event of vehicle malfunction, traffic, or emergencies.
- Assigns stand-by or extra-board Operators in the event of Operator absences or increased service volumes, or to minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle malfunctions, operator problems, and/or emergency situations.
- Troubleshoots problems encountered while providing service and takes steps to remedy identified issues and coordinates with the Dispatcher Supervisor or Assistant General Manager to resolve.
- Participates in analysis and review of service, bus operating performance, and on-time performance.
- Monitors the entire demand response system and each individual run by tracking vehicle locations and maximum capacity of the vehicles. Monitors on-time performance, and adjusts vehicle wait times and schedules to keep them on schedule as possible.
- Confirms and coordinates with customers regarding information about trip status, requests, service options, transfers or changes.
- Creates and keeps records of daily operations accurately.
- erforms daily general administrative functions such as filing, recordkeeping, bulk mailings, tally sheets, etc.
- Ensures pre-trip / post-trip forms are complete and accurate, distribute paddles, assign vehicles, provide on-board equipment to Operators, and maintain checkout logs.
- Coordinates process for lost and found items, when necessary; facilitates delivery to Downtown Denton Transit Center (DDTC).
- Opens and/or closes facility depending on work shift.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
Desired Education & Experience
- Able to supervise staff and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both the written and spoken form; uses appropriate grammar, accurate spelling and punctuation when communicating through written form; communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, employees, management and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, older adults, individuals with disabilities, and/or other vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of available vehicles and resources, and ability to learn and understand the needs of different passengers when selecting appropriate vehicles and resources for service.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the service area and system, including routes, services, peak traffic times and locations, and effects of weather conditions; relevant regulations related to motor traffic control; occupational safety hazards, and the safety precautions necessary in conducting daily operations; personnel policies and procedures.
- Able to use or learn all system technologies required for the position, including computer equipment, basic MS Word, MS Excel specialized routing software, and communications equipment such as two-way radio systems and multi-line phone systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associates degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Previous data entry, dispatch, customer service, and/or operating experience preferred.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.