NTMC: Mobility Services Representative
Acts as the initial and primary point of contact for potential and existing customers, providing information and customer service on DCTA’s range of mobility solutions, including fixed route, demand response, on-demand, rail and other services. Upholds and leads by example NTMC mission and vision to internal and external customers. Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Performs customer service by answering incoming calls, working the front window, individual customers, customer representatives, medical and personal providers, and others in a professional manner; answers questions and provides accurate and timely information regarding on-demand services, fixed route transportation, route changes, fares, etc.
- Ability to learn multiple demand-response software platforms to provide excellent customer service.
- Assists with data entry, demand response trip reservations, trip cancelations and / or trip adjustments and all other customer service needs in order to provide demand -response and fixed route service to passengers.
- Performs verifications of demand response trips in the appropriate software.
- Responds to passenger inquiries, fare inquiries, trip planning and provides general customer service information.
- Logs into GORequest and performs preliminary research into customer issues; responds or reports to Supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists in monitoring DCTA’s social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to perform the essential duties including but not limited to: investigate and respond to customer questions and inquiries; provides resolution to customer complaints;
- Ensure all marketing material is distributed, replenished, and updated as requested by DCTA’s marketing team.
- Reviews and responds to voicemails, emails, and other indirect communications.
- Processes transactions and distributes fare media.
- Accepts, logs and records lost and found items. Assists customers with tracking and picking up lost & found items found on all services.
- Maintains up-to-date passenger records in customer databases, making all necessary changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type, or other field entries.
- Performs daily general administrative functions; filing, recordkeeping, bulk mailings, etc.
- May be required to assist in special projects.
- Follows cash handling procedures and maintains an accurate cash and ticket drawer while using the current point-of-sale and credit card processing software.
- Protects and secures sensitive customer information including but not limited to: driver’s license, credit card information, ADA application documents, reduced fare application documents, etc.
Desired Education & Experience
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both the written and spoken form; uses appropriate grammar, accurate spelling and punctuation when communicating through written form; communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, employees, management and the general public, including those from culturally diverse backgrounds, older adults, individuals with disabilities, and/or other vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and sensitivity.
- Ability to successfully complete sensitivity training.
- Ability to use or learn all system technologies required for the position, including computer equipment, general knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system and Microsoft Office package, and communications equipment such as two-way radio systems and multi-line phone systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management to meet deadlines, and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to record and enter data accurately and in a timely manner using internal software.
- Knowledge of service area and services provided; ability to read and understand service maps to assist customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous data entry, customer service, and/or operating experience preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.