TOPEKA METRO: Chief Financial Officer
Job Description: Reports to:
FSLA Status: Salary:
Benefit Package: Education Required: Experience: Minimum Age: Position Status:
Chief Financial Officer
Current as of September 2021 General Manager
Degreed Professional with Accounting Emphasis
Public Administration Preferred
Fulltime (may require some evening and weekend hours as needed)
To coordinate, organize, and perform complex professional accounting and budgeting work in the computation, recording, and reporting of financial transactions for the Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority. To apply, visit: https://www.topekametro.org/careers
- Performs and/or oversees all agency accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Cash Management, J/E, G/L, Asset Management, and F/S.
- Prepares and submits all required governmental grant and fiscal reports by their due date.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget with the assistance of division managers, and prepare financial forecasts as required.
- Analyzes, interprets and administers laws and regulations relating to accounting and budgetary systems as they relate to a transit authority.
- Plans and develops procedures for preparing fiscal reports, and maintain centralized control of all financial records.
Desired Education & Experience
- Proven experience coordinating and directing the fiscal accounting and reporting functions within a relevant business or governmental entity with emphasis on payroll, contract compliance, fund accounting and forecasting.
- Experience developing line item annual budgets.
- Applied knowledge in analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial data to ensure compliance of all state and federal regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and ability to provide guidance to division managers, supervisors, and support personnel.
- Confident and persuasive communicator both orally and in writing. Ability to present and explain financial results and analysis to executive level management and board of directors.
- Public procurement and government grant experience preferred.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.