Utah Rural Public Transit Program Manager
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is seeking a dynamic individual to provide technical expertise and leadership in the Rural Public Transit Program. This team supports the distribution of Federal Transit Administration funds, management of the overall program, and interactions with the FTA Region 8 staff.
The UDOT Rural Public Transit Program oversees an average budget of $12.5 million dollars per year. Supplemental & discretionary grants have provided almost $40 million dollars in just the last few years. UDOT receives funding from, or interacts with, the 5304, 5307, 5310, 5311, 5311(h), 5311(f), & 5339 FTA grants. Through these grants, the Rural Public Transit team supports an average of 100 sub-recipients each year.
Here is some information of which you should be aware:
- Position is eligible for telework
- Working Conditions - Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Physical Requirements - Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
- Employee may be reassigned to a different location as deemed necessary by the Region Director/Group Leader.
Why Should You Join Our Team?
The work we do matters. If you want to make a positive difference doing meaningful work, this is the right place for you. Our mission statement is, “Enhance quality of life through transportation.” We define quality of life through a framework of Good Health, Connected Communities, Better Mobility, and Strong Economy. We help the State of Utah and its traveling public to get to where they want, when they want, in the way they want—and we make sure they can do it safely.
You will become part of a team with an internal culture of Trust, Teamwork, and Flexibility. Our organization lives by the values of Respect, Integrity, and Caring. If these are your values too, you’ll be a great fit.
Aside from working for a cause-driven, cutting edge agency that is leading all other transportation departments in the nation, you will receive great health and retirement benefits. Working for the State of Utah provides a positive work-life balance. Click here to view a summary of the benefits we offer.
UDOT is a strengths-based organization, which means its approach is based on identifying and developing individual and organizational strengths. Our philosophy is to address challenges by bringing our strengths to each situation and create the best solutions. Candidates are encouraged to be familiar with their strengths and consider how they may potentially be of benefit to the roles for which they are applying. UDOT uses the CliftonStrengths Assessment, but there are multiple strengths assessment tools available online, and no formal assessment is required. For more information on the Utah Department of Transportation please click here.
- Be responsible for the efforts in the program by the team members
- Oversee the State Management Plan updates
- Respond to all FTA inquires
- Coordinate communication between the grant managers and sub-recipients within each grant
- Provide technical guidance to the individual programs (National Transit Database Updates, Transit Asset Management Plan, Drug & Alcohol enforcement, etc)
- Verify deadlines so requirements are met
Desired Education & Experience
- The best person for this position will have:
- A bachelor's degree, or higher, in a related field of study
- At least eight years of program management, project management, or other related experience
Salary Range$33.07 (Hourly) to $52.47 (Hourly)
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.