VIA Metro Transit: Contracts Specialist I
VIA Metropolitan Transit is hiring a Contracts Specialist I. This position is responsible for complex procurements from inception through closeout.
VIA offers an excellent benefit package which includes a defined contribution retirement program with a 6% salary match. Our Employee Wellness Program promotes a healthy lifestyle through education, support, and incentives. We also offer an outstanding Medical Plan options with competitive premiums and exceptionally low annual out-of-pocket limits. In addition to paid vacation, we offer fourteen paid holidays. At VIA, we have so much more to offer. Join our team!
- Administers contracts for professional services, goods, and construction.
- Solicits, receives, analyzes, and monitors bids, quotes, and proposals in a manner consistent with VIA’s Procurement Policies and Procedures, Federal, State and Local Laws.
- Conducts pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences, public bid openings, negotiations with potential contractors, vendor interviews, staff presentations, and represents VIA’s Procurement Division at outreach seminars and conferences
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in public procurement or related areas, to include contract administration experience.
- Familiarity with Public Procurement Acts/Statutes and Federal Transit Administration requirements highly preferred.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be acceptable.
Salary Range$4,882 per month to $8,336 per month
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.