VALLEY METRO:Senior Contracts Administrator
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
OPENING DATE: 01/20/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
This is an open and continuous recruitment. First review of applications will begin (Feb 11, 2022) and weekly thereafter until filled.
The Senior Contracts Administrator is responsible for the acquisition of goods and services by means of contracts and purchase orders and performs advanced level work in writing, negotiating, awarding, monitoring and administering local, state and federal contract compliance requirements. Administers procurements in all areas including: Construction, Information & Technology, architectural and engineering services, supplies, and equipment and consulting services
The Senior Contracts Administrator shall contribute to team efforts and represents Agency core values in the performance of duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and seeing.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Prepares and distributes Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Qualifications (RFQs), Invitation for Bids (IFBs), CM@Risk and JOC solicitations and related documents consistent with the company's procurement policies and procedures;
- Conducts bid openings and closes proposals; serves as chairperson and provides guidance to proposal evaluation teams; manages the scoring and ranking process and assists with final contract award recommendation to management;
- Ensures that all procurement and contracting activities are compliant with all applicable local, state, federal and company policies and procedures;
- Works to achieve positive working relationships with other departments and external stakeholders, contractors and governmental agencies;
- Ensures maximum fair and open competition in the company's procurement process in order to provide the best value for expenditure of public tax dollars;
- Procures, administers and closes out contracts in accordance with Federal Full Funding Agreements (FFGA), FTA rules and regulations and company policies and procedures;
- Receives and responds to inquiries from agencies, organizations, trade groups, the general public, concerning upcoming contracting opportunities and advises them on procurement policies and procedures;
- Receives and responds to protests and disputes and prepares official protest response correspondence for management review;
- Reviews sealed bids for compliance with general conditions, specifications, bonding requirements, certifications, Davis Bacon wage rates, conflicts of interest, and other applicable requirements and submittals;
- Assists in the development of negotiation strategies and requests for revised technical or cost/price proposals; ensures there is an independent cost estimate for each procurement action;
- Receives, evaluates and acts on value engineering and other change proposals, monitors financial status and advises Manager if contract performance is non-compliant or is jeopardized; ensures contractor compliance with quality assurance requirements; evaluates and makes recommendations on contractor requests for waivers and deviations from contract terms, conditions and specifications; monitors contract term limits, retainage, fee payments, ODC's, insurance requirements and applies liquidated damages as per contract terms;
- Develops, organizes and ensures contract files are complete and fully documented to provide a verifiable audit trail; maintains tracking reports for all contract and purchase order activity assigned;
- Processing of contract requisitions and purchase orders with ERP system;
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, or a related field and four years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience related to the area of assignment to include preparation, negotiation and awarding of contracts, preferably in a public agency setting or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed.
- Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon the results of a background check.
- Valid Arizona driver's license.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of: Public procurement policies, procedures and regulations; Procurement methods and procedures for a centralized procurement function including buying, contract administration and contract law; Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations and other requirements governing the purchase of goods and services; Federal and state laws pertaining to Davis Bacon wage determination and disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE); Knowledge of ERP and or EAM systems i.e. Oracle, Trapeze, etc.
- Skill in: Utilizing sound business practices and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; Performing highly complex contract administration work; Negotiating, awarding, administering and monitoring contract compliance requirements for public agencies; Planning, organizing and prioritizing work assignments; Researching and applying statutes and administrative rules; Use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel (Intermediate – Advanced level); Invoice auditing practices as applied; Preparing various periodic and special reports; Written and oral communications and presentations.
Salary Range$61,001.00 to $91,501.00
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.