CAP METRO: Technical Program Project Manager
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Do you have experience with transit infrastructure or transit related projects? Are you ready to share your capital improvement expertise at a growing, innovative company? If so, then CapMetro is the place for you!
The Technical Program Project Manager II, Rail Projects reports directly to the Director, Capital Construction Management. The primary responsibility for this position will be the development and management of rail transportation infrastructure improvement projects in addition to other complex capital project management work. The Program/Project Manager II will plan, schedule, coordinate design and construction; and otherwise manage project activities; direct the work of professional consultants; review project design and specifications; coordinate projects with jurisdictional authorities. Ability to work independently; to communicate effectively with co-workers, Professional Consultants, Contractors, governmental entities and the public
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or a related field. Related experience may substitute for the required degree with a maximum substitution of 4 years.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in project management for capital improvement projects.
- Experience in using word processing and Excel spreadsheet software and statistical packages.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of engineering and architectural project management methods and practices
- Knowledge of construction management techniques, engineering and/or architectural principles, practices, methods
- •Knowledge of applicable State, County, and City codes, standards, and regulations
- Skill in evaluating contract agreements
- Skill in completing projects within the required scheduling
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans, plats, and specifications
- Skill in developing and monitoring project budgets and timelines
- Skill in effectively communicating both orally and in writing; and making presentations to the Board
- Ability to work independently; to communicate effectively with co-workers, Professional Consultants, Contractors, governmental entities and the public
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.