VALLEY METRO: Quality Assurance Administrator
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
OPENING DATE: 04/14/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Position open until filled. First Review of Applications will begin April 27, 2022.
The Quality Assurance Administrator is responsible for the overall quality assurance, preventive maintenance, primary repairs, and transportation activities for the Light Rail Vehicles (LRV), Streetcars and their components and systems. Typical duties include planning, coordinating, overseeing, developing, and implementing quality assurance processes and programs; developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for maintenance and operations procedural activities; creating consistency in the maintenance and transportation departments; and providing technical support to operations and maintenance staff to ensure compliance.
As a member of the Valley Metro’s Operations and Maintenance team, demonstrates the Agency’s Core Values of Whatever It Takes, Team Player and Positive Customer Care/Service in performance of daily duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work in shop area, classroom setting or outdoors in all weather conditions. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, chemicals, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions and/or intense noise levels.
- The statements listed below describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
- Develops programs to measure and monitor maintenance and transportation performance including timeliness of scheduled preventative maintenance and transportation, LRV availability and fleet reliability.
- Ensures vendor performance meet the requirements of the contract and demonstrate quality improvement toward reliability requirements; ensure component reliability meets contractual reliability.
- Develops, plans, schedules, and tracks quality inspections, tests, verify quality of repairs; provides technical inspection of work performed in transportation and on transit vehicles, equipment, materials, and systems.
- Conducts quality assurance surveillances and audits to verify conformance to procedures; reviews manuals, specification checklists and master specification submittal list; performs inspections; develops checklists and reports on quality assurance audits; prepares quality assurance documents; and coordinates any necessary changes.
- Develops and reviews quality assurance reports to identify and research discrepancies; determines alternatives and recommends corrections on quality improvements and updates standard operating procedures, manuals, engineering action requests, and work instructions.
- Ensures documentation is provided from vendors to reflect Certificate of Conformance and Failure Analysis Reports.
- Maintains calibration compliance of tools and equipment; maintains calibration certificates; verifies identification and maintenance of all special tools, test equipment and measuring devices.
- Implements policies and procedures on quality related activities; provide technical reports on maintenance, operating performance, analytical studies and other reports as needed.
- Ensures compliance with federal guidelines, government regulations, and department/industry standards and guidelines covering quality assurance auditing programs, inspection, testing and measuring systems.
- Provides documentation for the National Transportation Database (NTD) federal requirements.
- Assists with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) administration and maintenance.
- This position may be required to perform other duties and work various schedules as needed to provide quality transportation service.
Desired Education & Experience
- Human Resources reserves the right to call only the most qualified applicants to the selection process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction or closely related field and four (4) years performing quality assurance inspections of transit vehicles, transportation activities and modification projects; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Preferred candidate would possess: • Previous transit experience and understanding of basic vehicle systems. • Ability to interpret technical key performance indicators and reliability requirements of components and vehicle systems. • In depth knowledge of electrical systems, principals of control circuitry, HVAC, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. • Troubleshooting and universal technical skills. • Capability to write technical reporting, procedures, specifications and inspections. • Skill in providing quality assurance and quality control for maintenance data with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM).
- Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon the results of a background check.
- Licenses and Certifications: Position may require: --Valid Arizona Driver's License and the ability to maintain insurability under the Agency's Vehicle Insurance Policy.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of: Principles, practices, standards and procedures of quality assurance; Applicable federal, state, local regulations and standards; Methods and techniques of quality auditing and principles of inspection and testing; Principles and practices of program and project administration; Procedures, standards and requirements for calibration and servicing of specialized testing and measurement equipment; In depth knowledge of electrical systems, principles of electronic control circuitry and associated mechanical, HVAC, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems sufficient to perform essential duties of job.
- Skill in: In-depth troubleshooting resolutions and universal technical skills; Interpreting codes, specifications, standards and contract documents; Determining acceptable standards for equipment, material, and transit vehicles; Applying techniques and methods for quality program development and evaluation; Interpreting schematics and engineering drawings; Providing assistance and advice to resolve complex quality assurance effectiveness problems. Using computers and related software applications; Communicating in order to interact with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public at a level sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.