CAP METRO: Technical Project Controls Specialist
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
CapMetro is seeking a project management professional who understands PMBOK principles and methods and who is proficient in MS Office, including SharePoint and Project, to manage project controls functions for the Capital Projects team!
The Technical Project Controls Specialist II reports directly to the Manager, Project Controls Office. This position is responsible for project controls functions on locally and federally funded Capital Projects. These functions include budget, schedule and scope development, project management; earned value management, change control, report development, risk management, vendor invoicing and financial reporting on multiple projects.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or a related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis up to four (4) years.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience performing project control functions for capital projects.
- Experience working with change control with multiple project schedule baselines.
- Experience working with knowledge of critical path, earned value analysis, hard and soft dependencies, estimating techniques, baseline variance, schedule recovery strategies, milestones, and resource leveling.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and other Project Management systems.
- Familiarity with various Project Management systems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of project management methods, principles, and practices including risk analysis, scope control, and quality assurance.
- Knowledge and skills reading and interpreting construction drawings, surveys, contract and project management documents, and working with regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of public procurement practices, recordkeeping and management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work and interact on a professional basis with supervisors, co-workers, contractors, stakeholders, government entities, and the public in general.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and well-organized.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.