CAP METRO: Executive Assistant Facilities Management & Capital Construction
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Executive Assistant I Facilities Management & Capital Construction reports directly to the Vice President. This position performs complex professional assistance work for the Facilities Management & Capital Construction staff. Work involves coordinating high-level administrative operations of an organization or division. Works under minimal supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
•…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
- Serve as initial point of contact for all matters pertaining to Facilities Management & Capital Construction; independently research, prioritize, and follow-up on multiple incoming issues, and concerns addressed to the department, which represent Capital Metro, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Manage budget preparation, monthly variance reports, and generate reports to Program Officer. Investigates discrepancies, and authorizes expenditures for department (i.e., vendor payments, expense reporting, check requests, mileage reimbursement and p-card reporting).
- Use independent professional judgement to determine appropriate course of action, referral, and /or response on behalf of the Program Officer and Project Connect.
- Review and approve documents for Facilities Management & Capital Construction signature (i.e., correspondence letters, p-card requests, check requests, and other authorization expenditures)
- Perform administrative support for Vice President, Director, and other Project Management staff to include schedule/calendar management, coordination of travel arrangements, screen, handle telephone communications, direct mail, order office supplies, greet/direct visitors, resolve administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate. Provide technical assistance to other departments as needed.
- Coordinate internal/external meeting events to include catering (i.e., staff meetings, work sessions, Capital Metro cultural events, and department team building events).
- Perform final reviews and edit of administrative reports and prepare draft board agenda items, ensure the provisions of a quality Board agenda packet, assure adherence to deadlines for Program Officer, department, Board of Directors and/or Board Committee meetings.
- Manage special projects, meets deadlines to ensure accuracy on time completion of projects for Facilities Management & Capital Construction staff.
- Perform general staffing management actions (i.e., schedule in-person, phone, and skype interviews, schedule panel staff, prepare interview packets, and coordinate logistics for new hires)
- Oversee services for Facilities Management & Capital Construction as needed (i.e., building maintenance repairs/issues, copier maintenance issues, etc.)
- Manage requisitions in system for the department, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Create, compose, edit, correspondence, and documentations; screen, evaluate incoming/outgoing correspondence, and prepare/edit responses as appropriate. Track, follow-up on all correspondence data, and requests utilizing program management software program.
- Interpret division and organizational policies and procedures and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Serve as department records management representative: keep records of documents that are archived, retrieved, and returned, oversee retention and destruction of records according to company policy.
- Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
- Act as the department Travel Coordinator, booking flights and hotels, conference registration, vehicle reservations, and expense reporting.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
Desired Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Administrative Services or related area. Related experience will substitute for an education on a year for year basis.
- Five (5) years of general administrative/clerical experience required.
- Significant experience supporting Executives is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Acrobat, experience using email, calendar programs, agency’s software packages in a Windows environment, and social media web platforms.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of accepted business practices and procedures, and of related legislation and legal practices and procedures. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with executive decision-making capability.
- High resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Skill in analyzing, drafting, editing, and effectively composing a variety of documents, reports, presentations, policies, and procedures.
- Analytical skills to find solutions to difficult interpersonal, technical, and administrative problems.
- Skill in researching, evaluating, and identifying discrepancies in data.
- Skill in managing, developing and monitoring budgetary expenses. Proofreading experience, knowledge of basic math and grammar skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, Board of Directors, vendors, the press and the public and to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, oversee multiple projects, and meet established deadlines.
- Skills using MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Dynamics AX and/or Oracle Fusion databases.
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.