City of Sedona: Transit Grants Analyst
The Grants Analyst ensures the City applies for and receives federal, state, county, and local subsidies for which it is eligible; ensures funds are expended within the various rules and regulations that are a condition of receiving such funding; performs professional work involving grant coordination and administration, funding research and analysis, and assists with proposal preparation and compliance monitoring by individual departments and divisions.
• Arizona State Retirement System
• 100% City-paid health, dental and vision coverage for employee
• Substantial contributions to health, dental and vision coverage for dependents
• City provided $50,000 group term life insurance
• Short-term disability
• Ninety-six hours of PTO time
• Generous vacation accrual rates
• Holiday pay
• Deferred compensation – Optional IRS 457 plans
• Wellness programs
• 3 day weekends! 4/10 work schedule
• Flexible hours and periodic remote work available
To apply for this outstanding job opportunity, please click here.
- Identifies future City needs and identifies grant fundable opportunities to meet these needs.
- Manages City-wide grants, serves as a main contact for City grant information; serves as the technical expert for grant administration and compliance.
- Completes proposal applications to include statistical information, budget information, certifications, narrative, and other related documents.
- Educates City personnel regarding procedures for implementing grant programs in accordance with grant guidelines.
- Performs post-award compliance monitoring to comply with federal, state, and local grant terms and conditions/regulations and assurances (office of management and budget circulars, City and funding agency policies and regulations, program statutes, procurement regulations).
- Develops and maintains a network of local and national organizations to support grant applications.
- Researches eligible grant funding opportunities, maintains knowledge of available municipal grants, and informs other city divisions of available grants.
- Monitors grant awards to ensure project progresses in a timely manner and meets project goals/intended purpose.
- Meets with internal and external auditors to audit grants for successful closeout.
- Maintains a comprehensive computer database on City grants to include basic submittal and contract information.
- Assists staff with questions regarding grant agreements, grant related paperwork, guidelines, city grant procedures, city ordinances, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Attends grant workshops, conferences, and meetings to ensure coordination and communication between all parties as related to grant compliance and financial management.
- Provides various reports internally and externally on accounting encumbered, expenditure and balance amounts for various grants.
- Provides various spreadsheets on proposed, current, and terminated grants.
- Collaborates with the Finance Department to ensure compliance with grant reporting requirements; coordinates with the City Attorney's office for review of grant-related contracts.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints with courtesy and tact.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
Desired Education & Experience
- Knowledge of:
- Accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Computer software related to word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Analytical and evaluative techniques, identification and resolution of grants administration issues and knowledge of laws, regulations, policy, and other requirements that affect grant program administration.
- Principles and practices of public administration and of local government structure and services.
- Program development, operations, budgeting, and programs evaluation.
- Government and service contract requirements.
- EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING GUIDELINES: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Management, or related field.
- Experience: Three years of hands-on and in-depth grant experience.
- Licenses: Must have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona Driver’s License within two months of hire.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Research and identify regional, state, federal and private grants availability, audit requirements, principles and procedures of grants, project development and administration.
- Analyze and compile information and prepare written and oral reports.
- Determine eligibility for a variety of grant proposals.
- Learn grant related terminology and project management principles and procedures.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and close grant agreements of all types and for a variety of purposes in a workable and concise manner.
- Inspect and track varied grant projects and to monitor appropriate paperwork, authorizations, signatures, payments, reporting, and compliance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with grant and capital project managers, finance department, legal department, all client departments, funding agencies, auditors, and the public.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
- Organize and coordinate multiple tasks, work independently, maintain confidentiality, and take initiative to improve upon current operations in a collaborative manner.
- Work under the pressure inherent of meeting numerous and conflicting deadlines. Establishes and maintains cooperative work relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Range$58,406.00 to $84,177.00
|Name||Job Title||Address||Phone Number||Fax Number||Email Address|
|City of Sedona Human Resources||102 Roadrunner Drive Sedona, AZ 86336||928-203-5038 or 203-5189||HumanResources@SedonaAZ.gov|
All job listings display for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, the listing is considered expired.