South West Transit Association
Read the chart below and select which membership type is right for you.
- The Regular Membership is for providers of public transportation service. Publicly funded transit providers operating any form of urban and/or rural public transportation within the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma or Texas, including contract operators employed by public or publicly funded authorities, are eligible for this membership type.
- The Professional Membership is for persons, non-profit organizations, groups or other public agencies active in the development or promotion of public transportation; municipalities or transit authorities contemplating the operation of a public transportation system but not actually in operation; individuals employed by operating transit agencies outside of the SWTA region; or representatives of publications dealing with public transportation matters.
- Business Membership is for persons, firms, or companies providing products & services to the public transit field within the SWTA Nation; or professional consultants/firms engaged in professional transportation work but do not provide public transportation service.
SWTA Member Benefits
About SWTA: SWTA represents public transit providers of all sizes – large urban, small urban, rural, tribal and specialized – across an eight-state region: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma – along with companies that provide products and services to those agencies and professional members seeking access to SWTA training and professional development programs from beyond the region. We represent more than 127 transit agencies, along with more than 140 business members. The SWTA newsletter reaches over 3,000 individuals representing over 1100 businesses.
· What does membership in SWTA provide for you and your organization? The benefits are numerous and go far beyond cost savings on registration fees. Members are provided access to and encouraged to participate in member-only peer-to-peer discussions and online forums, encouraged to run for a SWTA board seat and have input into SWTA’s unique Advocacy messaging, as well as complementary posting of job openings and RFP’s on the SWTA website and in the newsletter.
· All SWTA members have the privilege to help shape and advance SWTA’s Strategic Goals which include providing expert leadership, focused legislative support, relevant education and a network of communications with other transit professionals.
· Membership in SWTA is by organization. This means if an organization is a member, then all persons/employees in the organization are members, not just one individual.
· Current SWTA members are included in the Member Directory found on the SWTA website. This feature allows our Business members the opportunity to showcase their company and products to anyone visiting the SWTA website. It also is a great way to connect with other SWTA members, whether they are a Business, Regular or Professional member. All SWTA members can update their profiles on the member directory found on the SWTA website. Current SWTA Business Members’ information can be viewed by anyone visiting the SWTA website. Our Regular and Professional members are listed in the Directory but can be viewed only by SWTA members with a login. To take advantage of this SWTA benefit, locate your organization and ensure your information is current and correct.
For more information on becoming a SWTA member or assistance with your login, please contact Amanda Webb, SWTA’s Member Services & Operations Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. To discuss additional member opportunities, please contact Rich Sampson, SWTA Executive Director at email@example.com.